Families need social time and support groups with friends who are sharing the experience of raising a child with Down Syndrome. Opportunities include:
- Parent Connection Mentors are available to expectant parents, new parents, grandparents and families moving to the area. Mentors are helpful in providing insight into family life, emotional support and knowledge of area resources. Contact us to request a mentor.
- Annual Social Events include the Spring Picnic and Buddy Walk for families to connect with each other and build supportive social bonds.
- Monthly and Bi-Monthly Social Events create connections with other parents in a smaller group setting. Events include: Mom’s Night Out, Babies and Tots Playdates, Bienvenidos a Nuestra Familia and Autism and DS Connection Group. Visit the calendar for upcoming events!
- Online Communities offer another form of support and socialization. You are welcome to host or join a private Google group and Facebook group for families. Visit Getting Connected to get better connected!
- Newcomer Support shares local information with families considering a move and connect newcomers with local families. More
We welcome you and your family to participate in our many different social activities and encourage you to visit the calendar often!