Public Schools and Education

Student in schoolAs a child with Down Syndrome grows up and enters public or private schools, parents need to aware of their child’s rights and the resources that are available to them in public schools. To learn about public education issues in North Carolina, you can contact:

For assistance for families moving in to a local Triangle area school systems or wanting information on special education services, use the contact information below:

In addition, the Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC) provides training, information and a free lending library of books about education and disabilities. ECAC is a go to resource for questions regarding education. http://www.ecac-parentcenter.org/parent-training-info-center/ncs-parent-training-and-information-center-pti/